Good to meet you! I’m a 3D generalist, with end-to-end experience of 3D content creation and promotional art rendering.
You can find my recent commercial work in my store on Daz3D where I’m a brokered PA (published artist). My projects sold via Daz range from clothing for latest Genesis 3 female and male models, to exterior and interior environments with props, plus character poses and shader presets.
My portfolio is hosted at indigojanson.carbonmade.com. I’m always happy to hear from anyone interested in working with me professionally.
IndigoJanson 2016 Models
- I have 2 more projects are underway for a December release — the NDA means I can’t hint further but I’m excited about them and hope my fans will be too!
- Canal Country for TerraDome 3 — A more niche project for TerraDome 3, as I enjoyed working with it so much on the Road ‘n’ Rails project. This time I created a canal/river morph and terrain, which of course was then crying out for a 3D narrowboat and props. The narrowboat, like the radio antenna, was a more complex mesh than I had anticipated and took a lot of work until I was satisfied with it. While it’s not something every customer will have a need for, I hope those that do find that this colourful scale model inspires some beautiful riverside scenes.
- Radio Astronomy Telescope — This realistically-poseable multi-part prop looks deceptively simply, but developed into quite a complex project. It was new ground for me, but was something I wanted to see myself in the newly-released TerraDome 3 (it can be used in any environment) and so I was inspired to go ahead and create it.
- Road ‘n’ Rails for TerraDome 3 — Created to support and supplement the release of TerraDome 3 for DAZ Studio Iray. The TerraDome is such an amazing, versatile terrain by two great talents. How could I resist an opportunity to jump on board? My product has a fully-featured railroad crossing, a road, a set of tracks/railroad, and various road signs and props. Loads of fun to make and I was delighted with how well it went down with customers.
- Dinner With the Duke — A prop-filled dining room (2-wall vignette) that started from a small, insistent idea. It includes lots of tempting food props and a gorgeous tapestry backdrop, along with a Gothic table and chairs, and everything else needed to dine in style. This is one of my personal favourites.
- Big City Drama — This detailed multi-room interior was created with a corridor and elevator as well as a prop-filled audition/rehearsal room. This was my first project with MODO. The upright piano was a particularly fun challenge.
IndigoJanson 2015 Models
- Snuggle Up Knit Shader Presets — For some winter warmth, I created a shader preset pack with a variety of knit textures and colour-ways. Separate presets were saved for Iray and for 3Delight to make sure these looked great whichever render engine was used.
- Chunky Knit Sweater Outfit for Genesis 3 Male(s) — This fun outfit includes morphs for getting dressed, and has a realistic knit sweater paired with casual trousers/pants, boots and a cap. There’s a choice of 4 material options for each part of the outfit, and these each have an Iray and a 3Delight option for the best performance with each render engine.
- Ernestine Outfit for Genesis 3 Female(s) — A pretty 4-piece outfit for Genesis 3 female characters including custom fits for Victoria 7, Bethany 7, Eva 7, Karen 7 and Teen Josie 7. The underskirt is rigged and can be used independently of the dress.
- Milonga Shoes for Genesis 3 Female(s) — A realistic pair of heeled shoes that can take a character from the office and city streets to elegant evening wear. Inspired by dance shoes and intended to be footwear that a real woman would actually wear.
- Hard Times Poses for The Little Twins — A set of orphan-themed poses for 3djoji’s adorable toon child characters. These also work well on other characters with small adjustments, but because the user has to be able to make changes I only advertised them as being for The Little Twins. In hindsight this was an error as these are fun and versatile poses for all Genesis 2 characters.
- The Old Orphanage — A 3-room interior in the style of a vintage orphanage, including a full set of props to bring scenes to life. This was my first project that had dual Iray and 3Delight support, and was designed to be easy to light in Iray.
- Humble Homestead in the Hills — An extensive landscape that creates a surround of 3d hills, with a traditional stone cottage nestling in the middle of the heathland. A huge amount of work went into making this look good from a distance as well as being useful for close-up scenes.
- Build-a-Street: English Country Village — A charming old cobbled street with traditional stone houses. Lots of textural detail and some additional props brought this to life. This was my debut product at Daz3D.
My work is exclusively licensed to Daz3D, a respected marketplace that offers a fantastic refund guarantee and ongoing customer support. I am an individual artist who relies on the income from my projects. Please make it possible for me and the other artists there to keep creating quality content for people like you by only buying the genuine product direct from Daz3D.
My Early Steps in Model and Texture Work
The models and renders featured below represent some of my early experiments in Blender. They were created either from my own design or (further down) by following tutorials. I also contributed a few props for an upcoming short film Zombie Love Story.
I continue to use Blender along with MODO for mesh creation, with renders for my commercially-available products being produced with both 3Delight and Iray render engines inside Daz Studio Pro.
Some Early Creations
Models and Renders from Blender Tutorials
Just a few of the many tutorial projects I’ve worked through on Blender Cookie and via other video tutorials.