Great to see that today we have a female DAZ Original outfit that’s modern, layered (so you can wear it in colder months), and looks like something a real woman would wear. Smart and Sassy Outfit for G2F is going to look good on the G2F characters across the age range, though Belle might get sent back to change if she tries to sneak out in those heels! I like this casual ensemble, which has been created by the Bobbie25 and Sarsa duo. Even if you just buy the base outfit, the blue-grey colour scheme is attractive. The blouse is pretty and I love that knit cardigan with its fancy edging. However, if you are picking this ensemble up, Sarsa’s extra textures will make it more versatile.
The guys don’t have to feel left out. Sickleyield and The AntFarm have teamed up to come up with a contemporary male outfit that’s warm enough for winter and packed with morphs. Knit Gear is going to be something you’ll use again and again if you use the latest generation of male 3d models. Either of these outfits could be retextured for extra variety with Fun With Yarn – Awesome Argyle and Patterned Knit Shaders, a new pack by Denki Gaka. The promos give a great overview of what you could do with these useful shaders.
Michael 6 also gets some attention with the new Ultimate Natural for Michael 6 Body product by K.H. Image Studio. This is for the realism seekers out there because, as you’ll know, it’s the small differences that give you away. This product improves the realism of bends and their impact on muscle detail.
I bet Predatron had hoped his Poinsettias would be released for Christmas, but this is a beautiful set of plant props for any winter scene. As a nice extra touch, you get an optional bow for the plant pot. Predatron’s plant work (indeed, all his work) is always top quality so these won’t disappoint. Stop by my friend Novica’s thread in the Art Studio section of the forums for a nice overview of several of his trees.
See the banners on the DAZ Store Homepage for the current promotions. Scroll down this post for current freebies and fast grab links.
The active promotions are:
- Faveral’s Birthday Sale — Enjoy an excellent 66% discount on products by this talented artist.
- Fashion Forward — Buy one of today’s new releases and you’ll get 60% off a selection of 24 Genesis 2 characters, 45% off Predatron, The AntFarm and K.H. Image Studio, plus 40% off most* Genesis 2 base figures (*namely: Vicky, Mike, Stephanie, Aiko, Lilith, Gianni, Lee, Belle, Brodie, Mei Lin, and The Girl).
- Dead Sexy Promotion — With purchase of one of Tuesday’s 5 items, take 50% off 15 related items and get a 45% discount on the stores of Gypsyangel, WildDesigns and Yura.
- Genesis Sale — 70% off Genesis products. Banner no longer shows, but no end date has been posted. You can filter by Figure to find Genesis items.
- Editor’s Choice: January — Save up to $20 ($50 spend) on Zev0 and Stonemason. Ends Saturday
- Fantasy Riders — Buy one of the 3 new releases from Friday and you can save 50% on Design Anvil‘s store, DAZ Original animals (including fantasy creatures and dinosaurs); and a selection of 1387 DAZ Original Environments. Ends Friday.
New Today on DAZ3D: Thursday 15th January
|Artist||New Release||Introductory Price||PC+ Price|
|K.H. Image Studio||Ultimate Natural for Michael 6 Body||$20.27||$20.27|
|Bobbie25, Sarsa||DO: Smart and Sassy Outfit for G2F||$13.97||$9.78|
|Sickleyield, The AntFarm||Knit Gear||$12.57||$12.57|
|Denki Gaka||Fun With Yarn – Awesome Argyle and Patterned Knit Shaders||$9.07||$9.07|
|Sarsa||DO: Smart and Sassy Outfit Textures||$8.37||$5.86|
Other Discounts Today on DAZ3D: Thursday 15th January
These have switched since I published the below list — no time to update right now but follow the above link and you’ll always see the current selection. The DAZ Horse and the Troll now feature largely, along with some more brushes from Ron (deviney).
|Artist||Product||You Pay||You Save|
|PandyGirl||Imagine This: Leggings and Top||$5.39||$12.57|
|OziChick, PandyGirl||Classique Dress for G2F||$5.09||$11.87|
|OziChick, PandyGirl||Allure Dress for G2F||$5.09||$11.87|
|OziChick, PandyGirl||Sweet Dreams for G2F||$4.79||$11.17|
|PandyGirl||Imagine This: Turtleneck Tank and Skirt||$4.49||$10.47|
|PandyGirl||JDreamer Corset Set for G2F||$4.49||$10.47|
|deviney||Ron’s Engraver Marks and Screens||$4.49||$10.47|
|PandyGirl||Elegant Curves for G2F||$3.59||$8.37|
Collective Kitchen Counter Stuff has everything you need to make kitchen surfaces look realistically cluttered, from washing up liquid to paper towels and tea bags.
This week’s selection of 12 older products give you a variety of content for free for a limited-time. Note that with texture sets you’ll need to own or buy the matching base outfit to be able to use them, but you can usually pick up these older outfits with a big discount in the various sales.
- Dark Priest Poses for M5
- James for M5
- Otherworldly Wonders: Tamesis
- Garden Pavilion
- Anime Nurse Textures* (Anime Nurse has 70% off at the moment)
- Starla Hair Colors*
- Open Front Dress Textures*
- Kids Toys*
- Veranil M4 Unimesh Fits*
- RM Willow for Stephanie 4*
*NOTE: Check the required products for these items as they are textures or other add-ons that won’t work alone.