No new releases in store today? But wait… I see a product that wasn’t there yesterday morning. When did FirstBastion’s Traffic Cones, Pylons, and Lane Dividers sneak in? FirstBastion has a few handy sets like this that allow you to add those details of urban human life. If you find this kind of thing useful, take a look too at his Job Site Scaffolding, Crowd Control Barriers, and even Signs of Protest for bringing more life to your 3d city.
What we do have going on today is a sale. The Tutorials, Brushes, & Effects Resource Sale has a stacking discount. You’ll only get 30% off if you buy a single product, but buy 2 together and it increases to 40%. Buy 3 for a half price discount or if you can stretch to 4 or more you’ll get 60% off all of them — just so long as you buy then in one transaction. Ron/deviney, Jepe and Dreamlight all figure large in this sale. Bryce users, look out for the David Brinnen and Horo packages which always have a lot of content including scene files, lightdomes and training videos.
Now I know what you’re thinking… we recently had that 70% off sale on tutorials, and it’s not that long since most of Ron’s brushes were in Fast Grab. OK, well if you have all you want from those categories, there are some other artists who are not often discounted to 60%. Nerd3D has some interesting tools in this sale, for example. I like the look of the Footsteps Tool, but there’s others for rain, wind, dust, water sprays, even a Water Fall Tool which can be animated. I’ve already mentioned Jepe, who has some cool effects here too. I also found a vendor called Karanta here who I haven’t come across before, with some nice brush sets including 2 sets of Whimsical Border Brushes which I like the look of.
You can still Smash n’ Grab today, but the selection of discounted items has been reduced to remove those low-cost and DAZ Original stacking-discount products that lucky bargain-hunters were snapping up. The cheapest included item is now $14.
Here’s some fun trivia… vendors who you might have thought were male but are female. The newest one I’m adding to my list is the hard-working and prolific ironman13. With a name like that, I was sure she was a he! Others include sisters Sickleyield and Fuseling, plus Fisty, IgnisSerpentus, Cris Palomino, and Mec4D (who is a young and glamorous grandmother!). There are plenty other names I don’t have a clue about as well as some that I make my own assumptions on based on name or avatar, but in any case there’s a lot of women doing fantastic work in creating and selling 3D content. As someone just starting out, I find that inspiring, so thanks all of you for leading the way.
See the banners on the DAZ Store Homepage for the current promotions. Scroll down this post for current freebies and fast grab links.
The active promotions are:
- Tutorials, Brushes, & Effects Resource Sale — 30% off 1, 40% off 2, 50% off 3, 60% off 4 or more.
- Magic in Motion — Get 2 of yesterday’s PA new releases (i.e. not PC+ ones) and your intro discount on them increases to 40%. Get 3 in one purchase for 45% off and you can claim 50% off a selection of related items. Any new release will get you 40% off gypsyangel, Dreamlight, Forbiddenwhispers, Muscleman, Enchanted Pixie, and tentman.
- Smash n’ Grab work — Buy a new release, get an increasing discount on selected items (up to $90 off your order total with 9 products in cart at same time as your new releases)
- Avalance of Savings — Claim your 20%-80% discount on the Good and Evil bundle, plus 40%-50% off 18 different participating artists (list above), and 40% (plus PC+ savings) off DAZ Original Clothing, DAZ Original hair and DAZ Original Animals and Creatures.
- Faveral’s Birthday Sale — Enjoy an excellent 66% discount on products by this talented artist. Still going so maybe it’s getting a full week.
- HiveWire3D: Birds and Botanicals Sale — 15% off all sale products, plus you can use your reward points for an increased saving.
New Today on DAZ3D: Thursday 22nd January
|Artist||New Release||Introductory Price||PC+ Price|
|FirstBastion||Traffic Cones, Pylons, and Lane Dividers||$8.37||$8.37|
Other Discounts Today on DAZ3D: Thursday 22nd January
Flash Sales: None right now.
This was in the process of being changed when I checked late (European time) yesterday, but the full selection is now up with Girl 6 and Teen Jayden Pro bundles at 70% off. Jayden was released last January so I guess this is his birthday reward? That’s an absolute bargain price for The AntFarm’s characters too.
|Artist||Product||You Pay||You Save|
|DAZ Originals||The Girl 6 Pro Bundle||$40.49||$94.47|
|DAZ Originals||Teen Jayden 6 Pro Bundle||$40.49||$94.47|
|DAZ Originals||Female Anatomy Bundle||$29.99||$69.97|
|DAZ Originals||Male Anatomy Bundle||$29.99||$69.97|
|DAZ Originals||Victoria 4.2 Pro Bundle||$29.99||$69.97|
|DAZ Originals||Olympia Add-On Bundle||$14.99||$34.97|
|DAZ Originals||Teen Jayden 6||$13.49||$31.47|
|Lyoness, PandyGirl||Mikaella Bundle||$6.59||$15.37|
|DAZ Originals (Ravenhair)||Night Guard for G2M||$5.39||$12.57|
|DAZ Originals (Ravenhair)||Wolf King for G2M||$5.39||$12.57|
|OziChick, PandyGirl||Prima Donna for G2F||$5.39||$12.57|
|DAZ Originals||Dark Trees Pack 1||$5.09||$11.87|
|DAZ Originals||Dark Trees Pack 1 – Ivy||$5.09||$11.87|
|The AntFarm||Walker HD for Genesis||$4.49||$10.47|
|The AntFarm||Crow’s Watch||$3.89||$9.07|
|outoftouch||OOT Styles for Night Guard||$3.89||$9.07|
|DAZ Originals||North Ranger for Night Guard||$3.29||$7.67|
|DAZ Originals (Sarsa)||Twilight Night Guard||$3.29||$7.67|
Hang out this week in Imaginary_House’s Junk Alley — it’s free to all customers.
We’re waiting for the 12 older products to change over soon to a new limited-time giveaway. Before they go, get anything you think you might use, now or at a future date.
- Dark Priest Poses for M5
- James for M5
- Otherworldly Wonders: Tamesis
- Garden Pavilion
- Anime Nurse Textures* (Anime Nurse has 70% off at the moment)
- Starla Hair Colors*
- Open Front Dress Textures*
- Kids Toys*
- Veranil M4 Unimesh Fits*
- RM Willow for Stephanie 4*
*NOTE: Check the required products for these items as they are textures or other add-ons that won’t work alone. (The M5 poses can be used with other figures, you’ll need to own M5 to use the James morph and texture but can also apply the texture to G2M if you have M5 UV maps.)