7 new products and a bundle, one new promotion, and gift card savings too. Lost in a Strange Land unites wound geometry shells with labyrinths, and an arid desert with cyber characters. Buy any of the releases today and you’ll get 45% off the associated artist stores, plus 45% off male figures Michael 6, Gianni 6 and Teen Jayden 6, and also 8% off gift cards (not a bad saving, especially if you are able to spend $100 or more in preparation for March Madness).
Wounds are something many of us can use in our compositions. From a scratch or a bruise to something more gruesome, SimonWM and Dega give you a whole host of options. 218 in fact, with a further 11 presets for combination wound effects. There’s a good description of these UV-independent effects with the products, so head on over and have a read. You can get a male or a female version for Genesis 2, or buy both in the Wound Makeup Artist Geometry Shells – Genesis 2 Bundle and save around $3.
Enough of the puny humans… if you want a race that doesn’t fall at the first bullet or sword wound, you need The AntFarm’s CyberNation. These geografted character heads will transform your free G2M base into a robot, while letting it still wear G2M-fitting outfits and use regular poses. It’s a clever concept and the textures and material zones give you the ability to create just the look you want.
Bryce users are in for a treat today with the Bryce 7.1 Pro – HDRI for Fun set from David Brinnen and Horo. These HDRIs come with accompanying video tutorials to show you how to use them for fun abstract and fantasy renders. I’d imagine the possibilities with these are endless.
For a whole new DAZ Studio environment, look to Aako who has released the Dry Mud Desert. This atmospheric set includes ground, mountains, dust, and sky. You’ll also get light and camera presets, plus a choice of sky textures. This thing looks huge and will be fantastic when you need to isolate a character or vehicle in a much larger scene. Merlin Studios is back too, with an extensive modular interior — Merlin’s Labyrinth Construction Kit. An essential if you have the Minotaur, but lots of creative possibilities for other fantasy, myth and historical renders.
Last but not least, a new set of Antique Grunge Shaders from Eva1 will let you get more from existing props by giving them worn surfaces. Scuffs, rips and mould effects are all included, with a clever split texturing technique that lets you use base or top layer textures, and also 16 detailing texture presets.
See the banners on the DAZ Store Homepage for the current promotions. Scroll down this post for current freebies and fast grab links.
The active promotions are:
- Lost in a Strange Land — Buy one of Sunday’s new releases, get 45% off the stores of Aako, David Brinnen, Dega, Eva1, Horo, Merlin Studios, Simon WM, and The AntFarm. You’ll also get a 45% discount on Gianni 6, Michael 6 and Jayden 6, and an 8% discount on Gift Cards.
- Grab Bag — With purchase of a recent new release (seems to include PC+) you can choose from a large selection of almost 2000 products for $5 each.
- Weekend Reality 4 Offer — 30% off DAZ Studio and Poser versions of Reality 4.
- Get Ready for Spring — Get an increased discount of 40% if you buy two or more from Friday’s new releases. Also get 40% off (PC+ members get 45%) the PA stores of Nikisatez, OziChick, Mattymanx, Andrey Pestryakov, and EmmaAndJordi with any 1 item bought these new releases.
- Get Your 3D Print On — Buy one of the four 3d-printed figurines (Lee 6, Mei Lin 6, Keiko 6, or DAZ Dragon 3) and you’ll get a $20 discount on DAZ Originals. For PC+ members, there’s also a bonus 50% saving on PC+ products if you use the code PCPRINT (this will only work if you have bought or own a printed figure).
- Speed of Light — Buy 2 of Wednesday’s PA releases and get 35% off, buy 3 or more for 40% off. Plus you’ll get 40% off (or 50% if you buy 2 or more new releases) a selection of 121 sci-fi products and the same discount on the stores of Ansiko, Lyrra Madril, EmmaAndJordi, Dreamlight, and Chinchbug.
- 3D Printing: Buy Compatible Genesis 2 Figures — all Genesis 2 based figures will be 3d print compatible, and right now you can get a discount on them: 45% off one, 55% off two or more bought together.
- 3D Printing: Buy Compatible Poses — pick up a discount on Genesis 2 poses, which you’ll be able to use with the print compatible figures: 40% off, increasing to 50% for PC+ members.
- HiveWire3D: Birds and Botanicals Sale — 15% off all sale products, plus you can use your reward points for an increased saving.
New Today on DAZ3D: Sunday 8th February
|Artist||New Release||Introductory Price||PC+ Price|
|Simon WM, Dega||Wound Makeup Artist Geometry Shells – Genesis 2 Bundle||$24.47||$24.47|
|Merlin Studios||Merlin’s Labyrinth Construction Kit||$16.07||$16.07|
|Simon WM, Dega||Wound Makeup Artist Geometry Shells – G2F||$13.97||$13.97|
|Simon WM, Dega||Wound Makeup Artist Geometry Shells – G2M||$13.97||$13.97|
|Aako||Dry Mud Desert||$12.57||$12.57|
|Eva1||Antique Grunge Shaders for DAZ Studio||$11.87||$11.87|
|David Brinnen, Horo||Bryce 7.1 Pro – HDRI for Fun||$11.17||$11.17|
Other Discounts Today on DAZ3D: Sunday 8th February
Flash Sales: None right now.
|Artist||Product||You Pay||You Save|
|DAZ Originals||Michael 4 Pro Suite||$59.99||$139.97|
|DAZ Originals||Victoria 4 Pro Suite||$59.99||$139.97|
|DAZ Originals||Predator vs. Prey Dinosaur Bundle||$29.99||$69.97|
|DAZ Originals||Dinosaur Bundle||$8.99||$20.97|
|ARTCollaborations||Star Struck Twinkle for A4||$6.59||$15.37|
|OziChick, PandyGirl||Beach Bombshell for G2F||$3.59||$8.37|
|HH Drache||Casual Days||$3.29||$7.67|
Remember to pick up Nightshift3D’s Industrial Pneumatic Tools for free and, if you are a PC+ member, get your Alien Collector by petipet.
- Easy Going Poses for M5
- DLD Stone Shaders for DAZ Studio
- Colors for Elements Hair*
- Harajuku Textures for Lily Dress*
- Cozy for Day Dreamer*
- Revelrie Midway*
- Revelrie Midway Interiors*
- Bonny for Elverado*
- Thereto and Fore*
- Royal Highness*
*NOTE: Check the required products for these items as they are textures or other add-ons that won’t work alone. (The M5 poses can be used with other figures.)