It might seem quiet in the store, but over at DAZ the team are busy behind the scenes preparing an amazing March Madness 2015. So no changes to the store today, just the ongoing promotions from yesterday and earlier in the week.
Meanwhile, romance is definitely in the air at Hivewire 3D since Dusk (female figure Dawn’s free male counterpart) showed up. There’s now a set of Romantic Poses for Dawn and Dusk in store, compatible with both DS and Poser. You can also get some Falconry Gear for Dusk, plus a new equine character for the HiveWire Horse. If you’re enjoying working with Dusk, also check out Dusk’s Shapes and Sizes Volume 1. Although the base shape and textures for Dusk are free, you’ll get more out of him if you do invest a few dollars in various morphs, since he’s a different mesh from the Genesis, G2M or Michael 4 3d male bases.Speaking of Dusk, I haven’t had much of a chance to try him out since his release before Christmas. That’s a shame because he’s a handsome guy and introduces a different look from Mike and his brothers. I decided to do a render or two, but have had lighting issues so didn’t end up with much time to get these looking good. However, they do at least show you Dusk right out the box.
Isn’t that leafy crown great? It’s part of the Royal Hawaiian outfit by Ken, and since I was using the amazing Skull Cove as the backdrop it seemed to fit. There’s a crown with flowers too, which Dawn is modelling below.
While Dusk is a natural choice for renders with Dawn, you don’t need to only use them together. He’s as easy to pose as any other 3d character, and has a variety of starter poses, so as long as you can find something for him to wear (and a clothing resource bodysuit is supplied in the free download) you’ll be able to use him in all kinds of renders.
He has a lovely smile and, while I don’t yet own it, you can get that gorgeous Hero hair for him to give him a more finished look than the painted hair you see here. The only thing I’m not sure about is those sort of folds at the back of the underarm area, but I guess they were deliberate and are supposed to look that way.
I don’t normally do renders with this much bare skin, male or female, but I have only a few Dawn/Dusk outfits and they both had beach clothing among them. (You won’t be able to use Genesis 2 clothing on Dusk, but can load hair as a prop and then parent it to Dusk’s head.)
You can see here that their skin tones are quite different, with Dawn being more tanned and olive-toned while Dusk has more of a pinkish complexion. Since most people won’t need them to look like identical twins, that’s probably not an issue. After all, real people do have different skin tones from one another.
It’s worth mentioning that both Dusk and Dawn have a variety of morph dials supplied with the free base so you can adjust their look, as I have done in the image of them together. They both have fuller morph packs in the Hivewire store with which you’ll be able create much more varied looks.
See the banners on the DAZ Store Homepage for the current promotions. Scroll down this post for current freebies and fast grab links.
The active promotions are:
- Share The Love — Get a new release from Friday’s selection and you’ll be eligible for Zev0’s 65% off birthday sale, plus 50% off 221 products from the participating artists, and can also get 60% off Genesis poses and 50% off Genesis 2 poses.
- Zev0 Birthday Sale — See above, required purchase off one of Friday’s releases.
- Dragon Forge — For a limited time this is free with purchase of a new release.
- A Bit of Mystique — Buy 2 of Wednesday’s new PA releases for 40% off each and $4 off a $6+ spend on any individual DAZ Original product. Also take 45% off (or 40% if you only buy one new product) the stores of PandyGirl, ShanasSoulmate, bitwelder, Handspan Studios, Phantasmagorical Scenes, Shifting Images, Rajraja, and Slide3D.
- Platinum Club Extravaganza — With a new release, get 40% off a selection of 2669 PC/PC+ products. All PC members eligible for the discount.
- Packed Up Ready for School — Buy one of Tuesday’s new PA releases, get 30% off 1, 40% off 2, or 50% off 3 school-themed products from a selection of 14.
- HiveWire3D: Birds and Botanicals Sale — 15% off all sale products, plus you can use your reward points for an increased saving.
New Today on DAZ3D: Saturday 14th February
Nothing new today.
On Sale Today on DAZ3D: Saturday 14th February
Flash Sales: None right now.
|Artist||Product||You Pay||You Save|
|DAZ Originals||Michael 4 Pro Suite||$59.99||$139.97|
|DAZ Originals||Victoria 4 Pro Suite||$59.99||$139.97|
|DAZ Originals||Predator vs. Prey Dinosaur Bundle||$29.99||$69.97|
|DAZ Originals||Dinosaur Bundle||$8.99||$20.97|
|ARTCollaborations||Star Struck Twinkle for A4||$6.59||$15.37|
|HH Drache||Casual Days||$3.29||$7.67|
Don’t miss out on the Back to Class! School Props. They are free until early next week.
- Dovecote Folly
- AH-9200X – Fast Attack Aircraft (Carrara)
- Trader DL
- The Iron Gate
- Teensy for The Kids 4*
- Textures for Winter Flower*
- Prophecy for Shadowcaster*
- Almirena Dress Textures*
- Textures for Epiphany Gown*
- Chicari for V4*
- Wicked Wear Future Textures*
- Temptress Textures*
*NOTE: Check the required products for these items as they are textures or other add-ons that won’t work alone. (Teensy textures can be used on a Genesis base, but you’ll need the morphs package for her shape; Chicari is a complete outfit that V4 that will work with mixed results on later generations.)