Not much in store yet as we start the week, but some will be interested in the DAZ Studio Beginner to Advanced video tutorial from ironman13 and Fugazi1968. With 4 hours of tuition and a diverse range of topics, it’s bound to have something new for all but the most experienced user. All the basics of just about anything you’d want to know are there, and also some more advanced things like weight-mapping and creating morphs, which are useful to know about.
I think this would be just the thing for an enthusiastic new user who wants to learn as much as they can. While it could be a great reference guide for us more experienced users, with some new tricks there to discover too, clearly the more you already know the less value you’ll get. But do I wish I’d had this in my first year! I can vouch for Fugazi1968’s video tutorials, and ironman13 is a highly successful creator and seller who really knows her stuff, so together I imagine they can teach you almost anything you’d need to know.
If you are interested in 60% off tutorials, but not looking to buy this particular tutorial, today’s The Light of Learning promotion is likely to disappoint. You need to either purchase this comprehensive (but not cheap) product or Reality 4 or Luxus to qualify for the discount. While those other products are half price, I suspect the current interest in Iray may have pushed them down people’s wishlists. So most of us non-new users are going to be bystanders in this event.
Never mind, there’s a The AntFarm 60% off sale too for PC+ members. Enjoy a wide selection of often quirky but always high quality environments, vehicles and characters. With 221 to choose from, I’m pretty sure you’ll find something there.
See the banners on the DAZ Store Homepage for the current promotions. Scroll down this post for current freebies and fast grab links.
The active promotions are:
- The Light of Learning — Buy the new tutorial (DAZ Studio Beginner to Advanced), Reality 4 or Luxus to get a 60% discount on a wide range of tutorial products.
- The Future Looks A Lot Like… — You’ll get 40% off each if you buy 2 or more from Sunday’s new products. Also save 50% on the related PA stores.
- Mythical Weekend — With the purchase of 1 of Friday’s new releases, get 50% off selected PA stores plus 60% off related items (mainly with a Viking and warrior theme). The artists you can save on are Andrey Pestryakov, ironman13 and Design-Anvil.
- Throwback Thursday — Get an 80% discount on almost 3,000 different products for Victoria 4 and Michael 4. I thought this was first advertised as needing the purchase of a new release but I’m happy to report that it’s a straight up 80%, no conditions.
New Today on DAZ3D: Monday 13th April
|Artist||New Release||Intro Price|
|ironman13, Fugazi1968||DAZ Studio Beginner to Advanced||$34.97|
On Sale Today on DAZ3D: Monday 13th April
Flash Sales and PA Store Sales:
- 60% Off The AntFarm’s store – PC+ members only
NOTE: These could change over later in the day (early evening if you are in Europe).
|Artist||Product||You Pay||You Save|
|smay||Boris HD for G2M||$8.99||$20.97|
|smay||Face Scars Decals for G2M||$5.39||$12.57|
|Cake One||M6 Xpressions||$3.89||$9.07|
|Don Albert||Millennium-3D Alphabet||$3.89||$9.07|
|Don Albert||Grizzly Bear Action||$3.59||$8.37|
Last chance to get Demon Soul witch doctor props from Nathy for free. Not a PC+ member? Add it to your basket when buying something else and it will become free. PC+ members can also claim the April giveaway, petipet’s Space Stones.
Don’t miss the 12 older products which are available to everyone for free for a limited time. This time we’re getting a remix of previous selections so chances are you’ll own a good few of them. The City Bus Stop seems to be a perma-freebie that also shows up in this section.
- Hip Retro Dress
- Night Out for Nightlife V4*
- Trail Blazer Textures*
- Enchanted Textures*
- Exotic Movie Dress Textures*
- La Paz Textures*
- More Deadly Edges
- Reby Sky Magnet Fit*
- The Iron Gate
- Garden Escape Planters
- Garden Escape Well
- Garden Escape Arbor Gate
*NOTE: Check the required products for these items as they are textures for outfits, and won’t work unless you also own the matching outfit. The Reby Sky product will only be useful to you if you own Reby Sky.