This is it — if you’ve been collecting punches in the DAZ3D Countdown2Summer promotion, this will be your final chance to top up your punch card and earn more rewards. There’s a mixed bag of new releases today to choose from. Nice to see Maclean in there with a bundle of all his Home One products. If you’re tired of skimpy clothing, you’ll love the midnight_stories offering, Time Assassin, which gives total coverage (sadly, only to male characters though). And Fuseling has a pack of head and body shapes for Giselle 6 which will give her a range of looks.
You can get Action Kicker Boots for absolutely nothing if you stop by the Freebie Flashback, and Bucketload3D has joined the 80% off V4 and M4 sale, increasing the range of clothing textures in particular.
If you have rewards to use up, don’t hold on to them too long. Remember that they have expiry dates! It’s always better to get something than nothing at all because you left it too long…
On Sale Today on DAZ3D: Monday 9th
Discover what’s new in Fast Grab, where you can take 70% off any featured product for a real bargain buy.
Track you punches and rewards on the Current Promotions page.
Visit Freebie Flashback daily to get your hands on the final few model giveaways.
|Start||End||Deal||Model||Vendor||Price USD||You Save|
|1st||30th||Monthly Freebie||Tubo Hotel||ForbiddenWhispers, FWDesign||Free for PC||$16.95|
|3rd||10th||Weekly Freebie||Toon Fighter Hornet||Valandar||Free||$9.95|
|9th||9th||Daily Freebie||Action Kicker Boots||Sarsa, Xena||Free||$9.95|
|9th||9th||Discount||$6 Off $30+||DAZ3D||Spend over $30||$6|
|9th||9th||Fast Grab||Magna Hart for Genesis||DAZ3D||$7.49||$17.46|
|9th||9th||Fast Grab||Starla Hair||DAZ3D||$7.19||$16.76|
|9th||9th||Fast Grab||Magna Hart for Genesis Textures||DAZ3D||$2.99||$6.96|
|9th||9th||Artist Store Sale||Entire Store||RingoMonfort||Various||50%|
|9th||9th||Artist Sale||Selected M4/V4 Items||bucketload3d||Various||80%|
|8th||9th||Artist Sale||Selected M4/V4 Items||4blueyes||Various||80%|
|7th||9th||Artist Sale||Selected M4/V4 Items||Dorkati||Various||80%|
|4th||9th||Artist Sale||Selected M4/V4 Items||Surreality||Various||80%|
|4th||9th||Artist Sale||Selected M4/V4 Items||Predatron||Various||80%||3rd||9th||Artist Sale||Entire Store||MartinJFrost||Various||50%|
|3rd||9th||Artist Sale||Selected M4/V4 Items||xenic101||Various||80%|
|2nd||9th||Artist Sale||Selected M4/V4 Items||Lyoness||Various||80%|
|2nd||9th||Artist Sale||Selected M4/V4 Items||Mada||Various||80%|
|1st||9th||Artist Sale||Selected M4/V4 Items||Thorne||Various||80%|
|31st||9th||Artist Sale||Selected M4/V4 Items||Silver||Various||80%|
|31st||9th||Artist Sale||Selected M4/V4 Items||Muscleman||Various||80%|
|30th||9th||Artist Sale||Selected M4/V4 Items||FWArt||Various||80%|
|30th||9th||Artist Sale||Selected M4/V4 Items||Virtual_World||Various||80%|
|29th||9th||Artist Sale||Selected M4/V4 Items||-esha-||Various||80%|
|29th||9th||Artist Sale||Selected M4/V4 Items||Orestes Graphics||Various||80%|
|29th||9th||Artist Sale||Selected M4/V4 Items||IgnisSerpentus||Various||80%|
|28th May||9th||Artist Sale||Selected M4/V4 Items||Raiya||Various||80%|
|28th May||9th||Artist Sale||Selected M4/V4 Items||RawArt||Various||80%|
|26th May||9th||Category Sale||971 Victoria4 Items||Various||Various||80% (86% PC)|
|26th May||9th||Category Sale||251 Michael4 Items||Various||Various||80% (86% PC)|
|27th May||9th June||Fast Grab||Pure Hair Punk||DAZ3D||$4.49||$10.46|
|22nd May||9th June||Fast Grab||Starla Hair Colors||SWAM||$3.89||$9.06|
New Today on DAZ3D: Monday 9th
Countdown 2 Summer promotion releases: (click for promotion page in store)
- Home One Bundle by maclean. I’ve long been a fan of maclean, so it’s good to see he has bundled together his range of home products for newer buyers to enjoy. I use his Room Creator all the time for backgrounds in renders, even though in theory I could go to Blender and create one or just use primitives — using maclean’s ready made stuff is quicker than the first and more realistic than the second. His products always come bursting at the seams with props too.
- Time Assassin by midnight_stories. Sci-fi with a historic Eastern twist, this is a full-body outfit and removable helmet for a very modern samurai. Comes with 8 poses and a cool looking time portal too!
- Job Site Scaffolding by FirstBastion. A modular prop set letting you configure your own scaffolding to suit your needs. You get the planks as well as supporting structure in 2 colour choices (blue with metal or orange with yellow). There are 11 props in all with some presets to get you started, but no end of combinations you can come up with yourself.
- The Back Fence by Imaginary_House. Another handy piece of set dressing, this is a useful backdrop. Don’t worry about the giant cat, you don’t get that anyway (what have they been feeding it?). On the other hand, you do get a realistic looking mesh and corrugated metal fence. You also get props, including oil drums, crates and girders, and a ground plane with an appropriately scruff texture and a puddle, which I think is a nice touch. Probably one of those pieces you’ll use again and again.
- Charming for Giselle 6 by Fuseling. It would be easy to miss this gem — if you don’t know better it looks like it’s going to be skimpwear. Instead, you get something pretty interesting for the price. The product consists of 15 shape presets giving you 15 new characters for Giselle. Of course, you can also mix-and-match them, and you get ear and face presets too, so you can give any character the full fairy treatment.
- DAZ Dragon 3 Carrara Shaders by RingoMonfort. RingoMonfort’s skills are again put to use in making the latest figure look fantastic in Carrara. Today there’s also a 50% off promotion on the rest of his/her store.
New Today on HiveWire 3D: Monday 9th
HiveWire 3D is another 3d marketplace worth watching for new DAZ Studio compatible releases. I don’t list the Poser-only releases here. I have nothing against Poser, but don’t own it and if I was going to list every Poser release I’d have to also keep up with Renderosity and other marketplaces… which would take up way too much time and include way more skimpwear too.
Besides, for me the appeal of DAZ Studio is that you truly can get started for free. So here’s what HiveWire artists have today for us DAZ Studio users:
- Tongue Pose Control for Genesis 2 Male and Female by SF-Design. 12 dials let your Genesis 2 characters poke out their tongues in a whole variety of ways.
- Fawna for Genesis 2 Female by Heart3D. A gentle and enchanting female character with fantasy makeup and eyes. In fact, she has 15 different makeup options, with an adorable fawn nose and spots. There is also a Fawna for Dawn, but she’s the Poser version. Which probably makes sense from a marketing point of view, even if it makes it that bit harder for DS users to support Dawn. Both characters are pretty, though I find the Dawn one stands out as more distinctive and different. Just my first thoughts, though, and kudos to the vendor for creating both DS and Poser versions.