How to sum up today’s new release themes? The best I can do is sci-fi, superhero combat, with some shaders on the side. Put it this way, there’s something for all kinds of warriors, from ninjas and superheroes to the cavalry. Maybe I’d better just get on with showing you what’s new?
The big discounts from yesterday are still on, for a start. Up to 79% savings on Dreamlight, and up to 72% on Streets of Asia themed environments from Stonemason. Thanks to both of them for this very generous opportunity. (Prices will be 70% Dreamlight and 60% Stonemason if you are not in the Platinum Club + beta, but those are still very good deals.)
Plus the return of the 80% off DAZ Original V4 and M4 stuff. With a new release purchase, you also get another chance to pay just 20% of the full price for the Raiya, RawArt, -Esha-, Orestes Graphics and IgnisSerpentus generation 4 products that were on sale at the end of May and through much of June (RawArt’s ones were there more briefly and IgnisSerpentus also wasn’t there for the duration).
Finally, you can still get 30% off all participating PAs if you are in PC+, and if you recently downloaded Victoria 6, you might also find you have an exclusive offer to take 50% off the price of Olympia or Josie if you sign into your account. I own Olympia and she is a lovely character, curvy enough for pin-ups and classic fantasy art if that’s your thing, but real-world enough to be useful to the rest of us too.
No changes to Fast Grab, the monsters are still there and so are the rope sandals. Seems like a challenge… could you use both in one render?
Yesterday saw the arrival of this week’s giveaway, ‘Alien Invasion!’ It landed on the Freebies Page so head on over and put it in your cart.
On Sale Today on DAZ3D: Thursday 24th
|Start||End||Deal||Model||Vendor||Price USD||You Save|
|2nd||31st||Monthly Freebie||Jolly Boat||Jack Tomalin||Free for PC||$16.95|
|23rd||29th||Weekly Freebie||Alien Invasion!||Valandar||Free*||$8.95|
|24th||24th||V4/M4 Discounts with New Release Purchase||Various V4/M4 Products||RawArt, Raiya||Various||80%|
|24th||24th||V4/M4 Discounts with New Release Purchase||Various V4/M4 Products||-esha-, Orestes Graphis, Ignis Serpentus||Various||80%|
|23rd||24th||Artist Sale||Entire Store||Dreamlight||Various||70% (79% PC+)|
|23rd||24th||Artist Sale||Entire Store||RingoMonfort||Various||50%|
|??||24th||Artist Sale||Entire Store||PhilW||Various||50%|
|22nd||24th||Artist Sale||Streets of Asia products||Stonemason, Dreamlight||Various||60% (72% PC+)|
|22nd||24th||PC+ PA Thank You||Entire Stores||All PC+ PAs||Various||30% for PC+|
|21st||Limited Time||Category Sale||765 Victoria4 Items||DAZ3D||Various||80% (86% PC)|
|21st||Limited Time||Category Sale||243 Michael4 Items||DAZ3D||Various||80% (86% PC)|
|19th||24th||Fast Grab||Age of Warriors Celt 1||Betomelo||$7.49||$17.46|
|19th||24th||Fast Grab||Age of Warriors Celt 2||Betomelo||$7.49||$17.46|
|17th||24th||Fast Grab||DAZ Monstrosities: Undead Fiend||DAZ 3D||$7.49||$17.46|
|17th||24th||Fast Grab||DAZ Monstrosities: Skullcrusher Ogre||DAZ 3D||$5.99||$13.96|
|17th||24th||Fast Grab||DAZ Monstrosities: Infernal Behemoth||DAZ 3D||$5.99||$13.96|
|17th||24th||Fast Grab||Space Age Behemoth Outfit||Oskarsoon||$3.89||$9.06|
|17th||24th||Fast Grab||Behemoth Skins||DAZ 3D||$3.29||$7.66|
|17th||24th||Fast Grab||Skullcrusher Ogre Poses||DAZ 3D||$2.99||$6.96|
|17th||24th||Fast Grab||Wicked Skullcrusher Ogre Morphs||DAZ 3D||$2.39||$5.56|
|17th||24th||Fast Grab||Wicked Undead Fiend Morphs||DAZ 3D||$2.39||$5.56|
|14th||24th||Fast Grab||Rope Sandals 2||dx30||$2.39||$5.56|
New Today on DAZ3D: Thursday 24th
- Mech Vardon by The AntFarm. It seems I always say the words ‘innovative’ and ‘The AntFarm’ in the same sentence. Once again, he gives me a great reason to do so. This one’s a weathered and worn wasteland mech. Take shelter on an alien planet or in the post-apocalyptic future. It might not have a picket fence, but for people of the future it’s a place to call home.
- DAZ Studio Dirt Shaders by Stonemason. Not just dirt, a realistic patina effect and rusted, grimy metal can all be achieved with this set of shader presets. Bet you can’t wait to play with these!
- Groups, Gaggles and Crowds: Replicating Models in DAZ Studio by Winterbrose. A long title for handy tutorial on creating resource-friendly crowd scenes. Of course, these techniques are equally handy for nature, wildlife and even fleets of vehicles.
- Cavalry Combat by Don Albert. Master of poses Don Albert gives you 95 different pose options in this pack. They include horse poses plus riding bareback and in a saddle. There are hand poses and a bonus weapon prop too. So much work has gone into these, so take a look at the promos for the full effect.
- CGI Movie Bones Vol 1 by BoneTech3D. This is a pack of aniBlocks that animators will want to check out. They work with both Genesis and Genesis 2 (Female and Male).
- Fabulous Fabrics: Combat Preset Shaders by Eva1. For kitting out your military in the appropriate style, you need this set of rugged and camo options. They even include blood and dirt shaders.
- Denim and Leather Merchant Resourse by gypsyangel. Saddle up cowboy! This is a useful pack of 50 seamless tiles, 25 each of leather and denim. Includes details such as belt loops, zippers and fraying holes.
- Sci-Fi Training Room by FirstBastion. An impressive futuristic enviornment, perfect for all kinds of action scenes. You get the light sets too for the full atmospheric look of the promo images. FirstBastion is really making his mark in the sci-fi genre.
- Heroes Defenders Poses for G2F and Heroes Defenders Poses for G2M by Muscleman. I count 60 full-body poses and 20 part-body poses (which also have mirror poses) in each pack. Not just any old poses either, these are highly imaginative and full of movement, strength, agility and mystery. Your super hero needs them… and you need your super hero.
- Modern Ninja Blades for G2M and Modern Ninja Blades Poses by Velemudr. OK, so how come only the male Genesis 2 gets to play with these blades? Mind you, I can think of many who will be eager to pair these lethal swords with Lee 6… The 25 poses make these weapons easy to use in action scenes.